The U.S is one of the Biggest Market for Automotive industry. As per Mordor intelligence, there will be 20 million autonomous vehicles by 2030 in operation in the U.S.
There is a lot of competition in front of US automobile players. European and Japanese players like Audi, Toyota, and BMW are filing patents at the USPTO. On top of this, patent filing by US automobile companies has been falling for the last 5 years.
The exhibit below represents the year wise patent filing trend in the US automotive industry from 2008 to 2019.
Explore Other Patent Statistics on US Automotive Industry
- Patent Filing Trends in the US Automotive Industry (2007 To 2018)
- Patent Filing Activities in the US Automotive Industry By Top 10 Players
- Patent Filing In Sub Technological Areas of Automotive Technology
- Vehicle Control System: Patent Filing Trends and Top Patent Holders
- Ancillary Vehicle System: Patent Filing Trends and Top Patent Holders
- Vehicle Propulsion System: Patent Filing Trends and Top Patent Holders
- Overview of Foreign Players’ Patent Filing Activities in the US Automotive Market