The North American market is the largest automotive ancillary market followed by the APAC region. Patent filings in the US automotive ancillary industry have been following an uprising trend since 2010 after a dip due to the 2008 recession.
Growing demand for high energy density batteries, low copper brake pads, increasing need for integration of green components, the proliferation of electronics components, rising demand for lithium-ion batteries like factors is boosting the growth of the vehicle ancillary market.
Top Patent Holders in Ancillary Vehicle System in the US
Ford is leading the research in this tech area with 3185 patents followed by Toyota and General Motors.
Explore Other Patent Statistics on US Automotive Industry
- Patent Filing Trends in the US Automotive Industry (2007 To 2018)
- Patent Filing Activities in the US Automotive Industry By Top 10 Players
- Patent Filing In Sub Technological Areas of Automotive Technology
- Vehicle Control System: Patent Filing Trends and Top Patent Holders
- Vehicle Propulsion System: Patent Filing Trends and Top Patent Holders
- Overview of Foreign Players’ Patent Filing Activities in the US Automotive Market