Foreign vehicle manufacturers are producing and selling more vehicles than their American domestic counterparts. Not only has this, their imports and contribution to the patent filing been increasing as well.
In the last 5 years, domestic automotive players are contributing less than 45% in the total patent filings. Meanwhile, the participation on European and Japanese companies has increased substantially. The chart below represents how foreign players are filing patents in the US Automotive market over the last decade.
Explore Other Patent Statistics on US Automotive Industry
- Patent Filing Trends in the US Automotive Industry (2007 To 2018)
- Patent Filing Activities in the US Automotive Industry By Top 10 Players
- Patent Filing In Sub Technological Areas of Automotive Technology
- Vehicle Control System: Patent Filing Trends and Top Patent Holders
- Ancillary Vehicle System: Patent Filing Trends and Top Patent Holders
- Vehicle Propulsion System: Patent Filing Trends and Top Patent Holders