Verizon has a total of 17966 patents globally, out of which 10932 have been granted. Of these 17966 patents, more than 62% patents are active. United States of America is where Verizon has filed the maximum number of patents, followed by Europe and China and it also seems reasonable as the biggest market for Verizon is USA, it has generated an annual revenue of $128.3 billion in the year 2020. Parallelly, USA seems to be the main focused R&D center and is also the origin country of Verizon.
Verizon was founded in the year 1983 by Verizon Communications and Vodafone Group. Company is doing business in voice, data and video services and solutions on its award-winning networks and platforms, delivering on customers’ demand for mobility, reliable network connectivity, security and control. As of December 2021, Verizon has a market cap of $209.03 Billion.
Do read about some of the most popular patents of Verizon which have been covered by us in this article and also you can find Verizon’s patents information, the worldwide patent filing activity and its patent filing trend over the years, and many other stats over Verizon’s patent portfolio.
How many patents does Verizon have?
Verizon has a total of 17966 patents globally. These patents belong to 9447 unique patent families. Out of 17966 patents, 11203 patents are active.
How many Verizon patents are Alive/Dead?
How Many Patents did Verizon File Every Year?
Are you wondering why there is a drop in patent filing for the last two years? It is because a patent application can take up to 18 months to get published. Certainly, it doesn’t suggest a decrease in the patent filing.
|Year of Patents Filing or Grant||Verizon Applications Filed||Verizon Patents Granted|
How Many Patents did Verizon File in Different Countries?
Countries in which Verizon Filed Patents
|United States Of America||13307|
|Hong Kong (S.A.R.)||198|
Where are Research Centers of Verizon Patents Located?
10 Best Verizon Patents
US6611740B2 is the most popular patent in the Verizon portfolio. It has received 687 citations so far from companies like General Motors, Midtronics and Audi.
Below is the list of 10 most cited patents of Verizon:
|Publication Number||Citation Count|
Which Companies are using Verizon Patents to Advance their Research?
If patents or patents from a particular technology area of a company receive a lot of citations, it implies that the technology is being followed and incrementally innovated by the citing companies. It also indicates that citing companies are working on similar and closely related technologies.
The top citing companies in the Verizon patent portfolio are Microsoft, Google and IBM.
List of the top forward citing Companies –
|Company||Number of Patents|
Count of 102 and 103 Type Rejections based on Verizon Patents
Top Verizon Patents used in Rejecting Most Patent Applications
|Patent Number||Count of Rejected Applications|
What Percentage of Verizon US Patent Applications were Granted?
Verizon (Excluding its subsidiaries) has filed 11480 patent applications at USPTO so far (Excluding Design and PCT applications). Out of these 9783 have been granted leading to a grant rate of 92.18%.
Below are the key stats of Verizon patent prosecution at the USPTO.
Which Law Firms Filed Most US Patents for Verizon?
|Law Firm||Total Application||Success Rate|
|Verizon Legal Department||880||98.51%|
|Cooper Legal Group Llc||456||98.06%|
|Verizon Media Inc||401||100.00%|
|Oath Inc Finnegan||275||99.27%|
Verizon is changing the way people, businesses, and technology interact, laying the groundwork for the next Industrial Revolution. Major areas of innovation includes:
- Connectivity: 5G is the future of connectivity, one of the world’s fastest and most reliable technologies.
- Broadband and fibre: Verizon was one of the first major U.S. carriers to offer fibre to the home services, which uses light pulses to carry data, providing superior internet, phone, and TV services to homes and businesses.
- Multi Access Edge Computing (MEC): MEC is the next big thing in business, and it is helping huge companies harness the potential of this emerging technology.
- Cyber Security: A more secure network is the first step toward a safer business. Its consumers can relax knowing that they are cyber-resilient.
- Internet of Things: Construction sites, freighter fleets, and oil derricks are all part of the Internet of Things. In hostile circumstances, a reliable network is more than a convenience.
- Smart city: Its intelligent solutions make communities safer and more responsive to inhabitants’ demands, from improved traffic flow to energy-efficient lighting to painless parking—and they’re coming to your city soon.
- Fios TV & Entertainment: With a 100 percent fiber-optic network, 4K Ultra High Definition capability, multi-room DVR, and configurable channel lineups, Fios TV is unlike anything else on the market.
- Mobile & Entertainment: Disney+, Discovery+, Sling, Apple Arcade, and more are among the mobile and entertainment options available.
EXCLUSIVE INSIGHTS COMING SOON!
What are Verizon key innovation segments?
What Technologies are Covered by Verizon?
The chart below distributes patents filed by Verizon in different countries on the basis of the technology protected in patents. It also represents the markets where Verizon thinks it’s important to protect particular technology inventions.
R&D Focus: How Verizon search focus changed over the years?
EXCLUSIVE INSIGHTS COMING SOON!
Interested in knowing about the areas of innovation that are being protected by Verizon?