Ant Group has a total of 268 patents globally, out of which 165 have been granted. Of these 268 patents, more than 91% patents are active. China is where Ant Group has filed the maximum number of patents, followed by United States of America and Hong Kong. Parallelly, China seems to be the main focused R&D center and is also the origin country of Ant Group.
Ant Group was founded in the year 2014 by Jack Ma Yun. Company is doing business in create the infrastructure and platform to support the digital transformation of the service industry. As of February 2022, Ant Group has a market valuation of $174 Billion.
Do read about some of the most popular patents of Ant Group which have been covered by us in this article and also you can find Ant Group’s patents information, the worldwide patent filing activity and its patent filing trend over the years, and many other stats over Ant Group’s patent portfolio.
How many patents does the founder and the CEO of Ant Group have?
Thee founder, Jack Ma Yun has 0 patents. The CEO, Eric Jing has 0 patents.
How many patents does Ant Group have?
Ant Group has a total of 268 patents globally. These patents belong to 46 unique patent families. Out of 268 patents, 246 patents are active.
How many Ant Group patents are Alive/Dead?
How Many Patents did Ant Group File Every Year?
Are you wondering why there is a drop in patent filing for the last two years? It is because a patent application can take up to 18 months to get published. Certainly, it doesn’t suggest a decrease in the patent filing.
|Year of Patents Filing or Grant||Ant Group Applications Filed||Ant Group Patents Granted|
How Many Patents did Ant Group File in Different Countries?
Countries in which Ant Group Filed Patents
|United States Of America||46|
|Hong Kong (S.A.R.)||26|
Where are Research Centers of Ant Group Patents Located?
10 Best Ant Group Patents
US8437513B1 is the most popular patent in the Ant Group portfolio. It has received 124 citations so far from companies like Zoran Corporation, Microsoft, and Honeywell.
Below is the list of 10 most cited patents of Ant Group:
|Publication Number||Citation Count|
Which Companies are using Ant Group Patents to Advance their Research?
If patents or patents from a particular technology area of a company receive a lot of citations, it implies that the technology is being followed and incrementally innovated by the citing companies. It also indicates that citing companies are working on similar and closely related technologies.
The top citing companies in the Ant Group patent portfolio are Sony, Microsoft, and Advanced New Technologies.
List of the top forward citing Companies –
|Company||Number of Patents|
|Advanced New Technologies||3|
|Bank Of America||2|
Count of 102 and 103 Type Rejections based on Ant Group Patents
Top Ant Group Patents used in Rejecting Most Patent Applications
|Patent Number||Count of Rejected Applications|
“As the world’s leading technology company, we have been sharing our resources and innovations with industry players, and teaming up with them to deliver more convenient, inclusive, and user-friendly technology services.”
Ant Group Technologies include:
- Blockchain: AntChain, a self-developed financial-grade consortium blockchain platform, is unrivalled in terms of performance, reliability, and security among worldwide peers. It can, for example, support 1 billion transactions per day for up to 1 billion accounts. In terms of patent applications and licences, the platform is the most popular in the world.
- IoT: Ant Group intends to use IoT technology to strengthen Ant’s financial life services capability in order to provide users with more convenient services and more value. Ant Group has used IoT technology in a variety of applications so far, including unattended monitoring, contactless payment, smart retail, and smart travel.
- AI: Machine learning, picture identification, facial recognition, and natural language processing are just a few of the world-leading AI technologies developed by Ant Group (NLP). It also provides efficient and resilient core AI technologies to diverse sectors, in addition to strengthening its AI-driven risk management decision-making capabilities and services experience.
- Security technologies: Ant Group is developing a global leading and all-round security defence system, relying on eight security laboratories to conduct research on cutting-edge security technology. This system will provide customers with effective multi-dimensional defences, including capital security and data security. Simultaneously, they are collaborating with security and ecological partners to create the most secure open platform for digital life.
- Database: The advancement and widespread adoption of computing technology are essential for achieving inclusive finance. Ant Group has solved a number of world-class problems over the course of a decade of exploration and practise, including the OceanBase distributed database, which is powered by general purpose hardware, and the SOFA distributed middleware, which are among the innovations that are reshaping the paradigm of indigenous R&D and global distributed computing.
EXCLUSIVE INSIGHTS COMING SOON!
What are Ant Group key innovation segments?
What Technologies are Covered by Ant Group?
The chart below distributes patents filed by Ant Group in different countries on the basis of the technology protected in patents. It also represents the markets where Ant Group thinks it’s important to protect particular technology inventions.
R&D Focus: How Ant Group search focus changed over the years?
EXCLUSIVE INSIGHTS COMING SOON!
Interested in knowing about the areas of innovation that are being protected by Ant Group?